After 2 years of development, we are very proud to present our new product: Notesbrowser Lite
We believe that we created a unique tool! Try it (free of charge)!
Screenshot of Notesbrowser Lite
(click on the screenshot to zoom)
Notesbrowser Lite is a Lightweight
version of Notesbrowser Professional. It is reduced to the core: notes keeping
. Notesbrowser Lite is a small program and loads extremely fast.
Our goal was to create a notes and project organizing tool that is of the size of a small text editor, but powerful enough to manage thousands of notes. There may be other big and powerful notes organizers out there in the Internet - but Notesbrowser Lite is powerful and also Lightweight
You can download Notesbrowser Lite Setup (English)
Size: 2.0 MB
Windows®(32bit & 64bit): Win7/Vista/Win2008/Win2003/WinXP
(Win2000 and WinME are not officially supported, but will work)
Download Zip Archive
You can download Notesbrowser Lite Zip Archive (English) here:
Size: 1.5 MB
- Download the ZIP file
- Un-Zip the file in a folder of your choice
- Create a shortcut to the file nblite.exe, for example on the Desktop
- That's it!
Order Notesbrowser Lite
Here is the order page
Who will love Notesbrowser Lite
Notesbrowser Lite will be very useful for Notesbrowser users who have used Notesbrowser quite a while and use it mostly for notes keeping and do not use other features like the calendar or reminder.
Notesbrowser Lite is very basic. If you have never used Notesbrowser
you should install and try it first. However, normal PC users will get along with Notesbrowser Lite fast.
Notesbrowser Lite can be used together with Notesbrowser Professional. They are 100% compatible. For example, you can use Notesbrowser Lite to organize the notes and tasks that you use daily and use Notesbrowser Professional to store dates and organize notes and projects you need only infrequently.
Intentionally not included in Notesbrowser Lite
Notesbrowser Lite is like Notesbrowser Professional, but:
- no reminder
- no calender
- only one column with categories
- no skins
- no icons
- no printing
- no in-built backup
- limited Plugins (but the MP3 Timer will work)
- no playlists
- no internal links
- only a few settings
- only a few, short menus
- only one executable program file
- no dlls
- runs in a single folder, no subfolders
Notesbrowser Lite has these features:
- notes keeping in 20 categories
- up to 50 pages per category (like in Notesbrowser)
- free notes arrangement (Freeform mode)
- predefined page layouts
- fast search
- colors to organize notes
- drag&drop of categories and pages
- copy and paste of categories and pages (compatible to Notesbrowser)
- some settings (font, word wrap, etc.)
- formatting of text (with right click menu)
- the text fields work exactly like in Notesbrowser
Saves system resources
Notesbrowser Lite uses little resources:
- installation file is only 2 MB in size
- installation is one file, unpacked less than 4 MB in size
- uses with all notes usually below 8 MB on hard disk or USB stick
- launches on a normal PC in a few milliseconds
- uses usually below 10 MB of memory
Notesbrowser Lite consists of one file. At the first start, it creates 20 text files for the 20 categories and 2 files for settings.
Normally all files use together less than 8 MB on disk. If you save pictures in your notes, it may be more.
We developed Notesbrowser Lite to be as stable as possible. Internal Notesbrowser Lite uses different methods to ensure that not a single letter of your notes gets lost.
Also it has been ensured that multiple Notesbrowser processes can access the same database, in a network or locally, without one process overwriting notes from the other.
You will also be unable to crash Notesbrowser Lite. If you did, tell us how. We are very interested to know. Here is how to contact us: Contact form
Runs on all USB Sticks
It's small, it works in every folder where you copy it: Notesbrowser Lite is perfect for USB sticks.
One big advantage is, that Notesbrowser Lite uses only files in it's own folder. It does not access the registry or anything outside it's folder. So to use it on a USB stick, just copy it's folder there. Then just start it and it will work. On every PC.
You can carry your notes always with you.
First start of NB Lite
Choose field design from template
Adjust your own field design
Many colorful note fields